One of the best known manufacturers of cleaning agents and disinfectant for this industry is Ecolab. Such cleaners are typically used in beverage filling machines, but butcher's, dairy and vegetable processing machines are also cleaned intensively with it.
Therefore, we have tested our usual plastics materials used in the food, beverage and packaging industries for resistance to the following Ecolab cleaning agents:
- Topactive 200 (2-5%),
- Topactive 500 (2-5%)
- P3-topax 66 (2-5%),
- P3-topax 990 (1-3%),
- P3-topactive Octo (0.5-1%).
Test specimens were completely immersed in the respective cleaner for a period of 28 days (this corresponds to 672 hours). The room temperature was constant. The test evaluation was then carried out under various aspects:
- Visual assessment: swelling, cracks, color changes, surfaces, outside diameter and wall thickness.
- Comparison with the zero value (base material and demineralized water).
- Photo documentation
The following materials have proven to be resistant to the cleaning agents from Ecolab used in the test:
- iglide® A160, A180, A181, A350 and A500;
- iglide® C500;
- iglide® H, H1 and H370;
- iglide® J, J3, J200 and J350;
- iglide® P210;
- iglide® X and X6;
- iglide® Z;
- igumid TH-NB